This theme aims to develop knowledge, methods and tools for the bioseparation processes applied to the biorefinery of agro-ressources, for the study of the structure-activity relation of biomolecules, and for the development of innovating molecules used in the photodynamic therapy (PDT).
More specifically, the aims are notably:
(i) To predict the performances of separation processes applied to the separation of complex biomolecules mixtures from agro-ressources and/or of biotransformation;
(ii) To synthesise by enzymatic or microbial way new molecular architectures with improved activities and /or modified specificities thanks to reverse engineering strategy based on the biomolecule structure/activity relation;
(iii) And finally to elaborate new molecules or nanoparticules, photo-activable by the light, enabling both the detection of the cancerous cells by MRI and their treatment by PDT.
- Bioseparation processes
- Tangential membrane filtration
- Solide / liquid extraction
- QSAR-type modelling
- Synthesis of photo-activable molecules and of nanoparticules (PDT)
- Study of photo-physical properties of photo-activable compounds
- Characterisation of reactive oxygen species (singlet oxygen)